1. Cook something new. Pick an ingredient or food you’ve never tried, and work with it. See what you can create.
2. Try to sit down and write. Whether or not creative writing comes naturally to you, journaling, or just writing down thoughts and feelings, can be a great way to decompress and even have some fun.
3. Do something out of your comfort zone. Zip line, bungeejump, go to dinner alone, whatever it is, try something you’ve been afraid to try. You’ll grow a lot from the experience.
4. Camp out in your backyard. Not exactly roughing it, but a wonderful way to spend quality time with your family.
5 And finally, do something nice for someone else. Write a letter to grandma, buy a significant other some flowers, or help a friend move. It’s the little gestures that count most in the end, and nothing feels better and is more fun than giving back. Ideas by: david 583 link to his page
1. Make a fake post on Craigslist offering 54 free goats with your friends number
2. Put googly eyes on all the food in the fridge.
3. Order a pizza for your roommate before you get home. Ask him to get it from the door. Wait at the door for the pizza guy to come without him knowing. Convince him to let you put a pair of panties on top of the pizza. Let the delivery guy deliver the pizza to your friend.
4. Glue peoples shoes to the shoe matt.
5. Replace peoples laundry with a thanksgiving dinner before they switch the load.
1. Organic Edible Insect Farming (Sell grasshoppers to co-ops)
2. Spherical In-kitchen Edible Micro-Biomes with edible moss, fungus, and uniramians
3. Bill that requires all outdoor lights in city must be on a <20 areas="" be="" city="" etc="" in="" light="" lit="" minute="" motion-detector="" movement="" of="" only="" pollution="" recent="" reducing="" span="" streets="" would="">
4. Work a spaceport loading spacecraft and get interplanetary non-rev seats
5. USA-Euro-Chinese-Russian space alliance, communal effort on 2020 ISS replacement low Earth orbit spacestation project + manned Mars/moons of Saturn missions
1. Lighters that can recognize correct user. 2. Cool thing to say: “Life is like a box of mushrooms” 3. Shadow puppet presentations all around the city 4. Hats with heaters in them. 5. Roasted Garlic Lotion.
1. Macaroni popsicles 2. Boots that tie themselves 3. Pants that change colors 4. Mini Trampoline for pistachio shells into garbage receptical 5. Make a video about Andrew Siess running from Alaska to get to the Idea Factory Summer Retreat.
1. Helicopter blades that light up, so when they spin, you get a show. 2. Community art gardens/studios 3. Where's Waldo in real life 4. Spy vacations (a company that sets up a crime for you to solve/you get to pretend you're a spy) 5. World's biggest virtual bike race.
2. Stickers that have the same color green as street signs with the same white letters as the signs. Replace the letters in specific places to change the name of streets from Snelling Ave. to Smelling bAd .
3. A choreographed dance with many chickens.
4. A dance that takes up the whole city.
5. Non specific ideas that anyone can define on their own terms.
Thank you to everyone who reads my ideas, especially Oliver Kronmiller who told me that his whole mailbox was completely full with only emails from fiveideasaday.
I have done 5 ideas for every single day this year and I am very happy that sometimes people read them and participate.
3. Science meals. A simple doctors appointment will determine your specific body nutrition needs. With the information gathered the scientists create a meal tailored to what would be most healthy for your body.
4. Paper bags with a little plastic window in them so you can see what is inside.